Terms of Business
- I act only on the basis of these Terms of Business and the Privacy Notice which can also be seen on this website.
- My fees are based on the time taken for the whole matter (including making the appointment, travelling or waiting time and the time needed to prepare the official records) at the rate of £250.00 per hour. Generally speaking, it is unlikely that the fee for any transaction will be less than £100.
- Also there may be additional expenses and fees payable to other people such as those of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, Foreign Embassies and Consulates, any agents dealing with the legalisation of documents and special postage and courier charges. My charges are payable on presentation of an invoice which is usually at the time of our meeting. Documents may not be released until the invoice has been paid. Card payments are accepted.
- Part of my role as a Notary may include checking certain facts in the documents that I am asked to notarise and this sometimes involves obtaining independent evidence or proof from sources other than the client. With regard to this I will need your full cooperation. If it is necessary to add qualifications to my certificate to make it clear that there are facts which I have not been able to verify, the document may be of less benefit and no liability is accepted if this is the case.
- In some circumstances, I may consider that I should decline or cease to act. For example, if I do not receive clear or proper instructions or if the matter on which I am instructed involves anything which appears to be fraudulent or unlawful, or if my charges are not paid.
- I store without charge electronic copies of all notarial acts for as long as required by the rules governing the profession. I do not always keep a full copy of your documents or identification materials but reserve the right to do so.
- Except so far as excluded by the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977, my liability for any loss, injury or damage of any nature whatever, whether direct or consequential, including (without limitation) in respect of negligence or breach of duty of care is limited to £750,000.00 in respect of any one claim or series of related claims.